One unit available. "Open box unit"
Designed for the Yaesu FT-450 and FT-950 - will not work with other models
The Turbo Tuner is designed to allow automatic Tuning and control of screwdriver antennas based on
finding the minimum SWR for the current operating frequency. This is accomplished by using the
Tune function of the radio to supply 5 – 10 watts of power while the Turbo Tuner moves the
screwdriver antenna in the correct direction based on the operating frequency and looks for the
minimum SWR. Once the minimum SWR is found, the transceiver is placed back in receive mode
Fully automatic screwdriver antenna controller
· The controller will find the lowest SWR for a given frequency.
· Fully automatic adjustment of the screwdriver antenna to the current operating frequency.
· No calibration required Just plug it in and tune!
· Tuning is initiated with the tune control located on the radio.
· All tuning is performed with 10 watts or less.
· Firmware is upgradeable via a PC computer (no chip swapping).
· The controller is RFI filtered and is RF bullet proof to full legal limit.
· Current rating up to 2 amps for driving large screwdriver antennas.
· Park function that will automatically lower the antenna to its shortest position.