Introducing Icom's New ID-31A UHF D-STAR Handheld:
New ID-31A. A compact and submersible radio with GPS, Micro SD card, and
• Submersible Construction (IPX7)
• Internal GPS
- GPS "Last Heard" Log
- GPS Waypoint Memory
• Large Dot-Matrix Display
• 1252 Alphanumeric Memory Channels
- 500 Regular
- 700 D-STAR Repeater Memories
- 50 Scan Edges
- 2 Call Channels
• Cloning Software Included
• Micro SD Card (Optional)
- DVR Incoming/Outgoing Messages
- GPS Log
- Memory Backup
Lightweight & Compact Body
The ID-31A has a compact 58 95 25.4mm (2.28 3.74 1 in) body, and weighs only 225g (7.94oz) with battery pack and antenna (approx.). It's easy for carrying around
all the time, anywhere.
IPX7 Submersible Construction
The ID-31A provides superior waterproof protection equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth of water for 30 minutes). Ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments.
Built-in GPS Receiver
The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and altitude n the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The PS log function logs your
position information at regular intervals (1
second–60 seconds, depending on the setting) and memorizes this in the icroSD card to export to your PC. In addition, the GPS-A mode assists in easy D-PRS mode operation.
D-STAR DV (Digital Voice) Mode
The D-STAR DV mode has lots of advantages over the analog FM mode: digitally modulated clear voice, 950 bps (approx.) data, individual calling using a call sign and
access to the world wide
repeater network linked with the Internet.
Automatic Repeater List-up Function
The ID-31A will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories pre-programmed*. Using the GPS position information, the automatic repeater list-up function shows the list
of nearby D-STAR repeaters from the memory.
* To use the automatic repeater list-up function, the position data of the repeater is required.
The position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be available.
microSD Card Slot
When used with a microSD card (up to 32GB), various contents including voice memories, GPS log, memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other personal
settings can be stored on the microSD card
and can be transferred to a PC. The voice memory function records incoming and outgoing calls in “WAV” format and allows you to play them on the radio or on a PC.
Full Dot-matrix Display & Directional Keypad
The directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The large full dot-matrix
display with easy-to-read characters offers
better visibility. The LCD and keypad backlighting is handy for night time operation.
Using a highly-efficient PA amplifier, the ID-31A generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body. The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating
time, and the optional large capacity
battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours* of operating time.
* Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON, GPS OFF)
External DC Power Jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation with an external DC power supply (10–16V DC*). When used with the CP-19R, CP-12L or OPC-254L/LR, simultaneous
operation during charging is possible.
* When more than 14V volts is applied, the output power is reduced to Mid level (2.5W)
CS-31 Cloning Software Supplied
The CS-31 cloning software* is supplied with the ID-31A (supplied with the application CD). Used with this software, various settings including the memory channels,
D-STAR repeater memories and
other settings can be made from a PC. The latest version of the CS-31 will be available from the Icom web site.
* Either optional OPC-2218LU USB cloning cable or a microSD card is required for transferring the data.
Total 1,252 Memory Channels
The ID-31A has a total 1,252 memory channels, including 500 regular channels, 700 D-STAR repeater
(DR) memories, 50 scan edges and 2 call channels with 26 memory banks. All memory channels, program
scan can edges and memory banks can be named with 16-character channel comments.
Multiple Scan Functions
The ID-31A supports various scan types for maximum reception and ease of use.
• Full scan • Programmed scan • Duplex scan • Memory scan • Mode memory scan • All bank scan
• Selected bank scan • Tone scan • Bank link scan 5W Output Power (DMS) Program scan link • Skip scan
• Analog FM mode (Wide/Narrow)
• Built-in CTCSS/DTCS encoder and decoder
(for analog FM)
• 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
• Squelch release function to monitor a weak signal
• Automatic repeater function*
(* Depending on version)
• Optional CT-17, CI-V level converter for remote
• Auto power save
• Auto power off
• Clock function
• Priority watch
• Key lock function