The ARRL Antenna Book for Radio Communications has everything you need to design your own complete antenna system. Since 1939, it has maintained its place at the forefront of Amateur Radio technology a single resource covering antenna theory, design and construction, and practical treatments and projects. In this edition, The ARRL Antenna Book describes hundreds of antenna designs: wire, vertical, portable and mobile, and new high-performance VHF/UHF Yagi designs.
Radio amateurs continue to make contributions to the state of the art in antenna design and construction. The available tools have grown in sophistication by leaps and bounds over the past years. Antenna modeling with the low-cost or free programs available to amateurs has completely changed antenna design and development. A large set of antenna models designed for use with EZNEC 6.0 demo software is included.
Updated to reflect the latest advances and technologies, this 23rd edition is full of antenna designs pioneered by dozens of radio amateurs:
- Multiband HF antennas from 160 through 10 meters
- A simple omnidirectional satellite antenna system
- More popular Moxon antenna projects on CD-ROM
- Stealthy and portable antenna designs for home and away
- How short vertical antennas affect the performance of antenna systems
- New section on grounding and bonding, both key to effective station design and protection
- Updated Propagation chapter now includes a discussion of MF and LF propagation
- Expanded content on CD-ROM, including references and classic articles on antennas
Includes all of the fully searchable text and illustrations in the printed book, plus utility programs and supplemental content from expert contributors.The CD contains the following software applications for Windows. HFTA: a ray-tracing program designed to evaluate the effect of foreground terrain on the elevation pattern of up to four multi-element HF monoband Yagis in a stack. YW: A program designed to evaluate monoband Yagi antennas. TLW: A program to evaluate and model various transmission line matching conditions.
System Requirements: A fully searchable PDF version of this book is included for Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows® XP, as well as Macintosh® systems, using Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® software. The Acrobat Reader is a free download at www.adobe.com. PDF files are Linux readable. Utility programs are Windows® compatible, only. Some utilities have additional OS limitations and may not be compatible with 64-bit processors.