Easy to operate
The TRI is a powerful tuning aid that, together with the automatically controlled input attenuator, helps the operator to quickly and precisely match the antenna impedance to the optimum tube load
impedance (5-10 seconds typically). The auto-operate function (when enabled) maintains the amplifier in the OPERATE mode for you, thus avoiding unnecessary manual operations.
No antenna tuners
No heavy outboard antenna tuners required for antenna VSWRs up to about 3:1. Your amplifier will enable you to change antennas
virtually instantaneously and allow you to use your antennas over wider frequency ranges.
An amplifier that is both user-friendly and that looks after itself. It is
designed to safely withstand up to 300 Watts reflected power, up to 100 milliseconds duration of drive spikes, drive RF tails” after a PTT or KEY release, operator’s inadvertent tuning
errors etc. The amplifier also will not cease to function with a “soft” AC mains and will deliver more than half power at only 85% of nominal mains voltage. It can withstand
voltage drops (down to zero Volts) for up to 10 milliseconds and can tolerate 15% mains voltage spikes, which is especially important on Field Day, during DXpeditions, and at portable operating
events where emergency power is relied upon.
VFD comment display
All amplifier status indications are explained via detailed text displayed on the dot matrix, high brightness vacuum
fluorescent display (VFD). The upper line on the VFD always reads peak forward power. LED indicators are provided for: OPERATE mode, attenuation-on, transmit, selected antenna output ,
and ON/OFF conditions.
Three antenna outputs
Three antenna outputs are selectable using a push-button on the front panel.
Data regarding amplifier internal status is stored in a nonvolatile memory for 7 of the most recent auto protection
trips. This information can be forwarded to your dealer for diagnostics.
Virtually silent QSK
The input bypassing and vacuum antenna relays are virtually silent even in the
CW QSK mode thanks to specially designed mounting hardware.
Broadband input matching
Resulting in very good load to the transceiver over the entire spectrum 1.8-54MHz.
Single 4CX1000A tube
Uses a ceramic and metal radial beam tetrode with plate dissipation of 1000 W which is specially designed for class AB1 RF
linear amplifier operation.
Permanent monitoring and protection of plate and grid voltages and currents, as well as of the exhaust air
ACOM 1500 specifications
• Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands 1.8-54 MHz; extensions and/or changes on request.
• Power Output: 1500 W PEP or 1200 W continuous carrier, no mode limit.
• Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 35 dB below rated output.
• Hum and noise: Better than 40 dB below rated output.
• Harmonic Output Suppression:
- 1.8-21.5 MHz - better than 50 dB below rated output.
- 24-54 MHz - better than 66 dB below rated output.
• Input and Output Impedances:
- nominal value: 50 Ohms unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-54 MHz continuously (no tunings, no switching);
- bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-54 MHz continuously;
- output matching capability: better than VSWR 3:1 or greater at reduced output levels.
• RF Gain: 13 dB typically, frequency response less than
1 dB (60-85 W drive power for rated output).
• Primary Power: 85-132 V and 170-264 V (100, 110, 120,
200, 210, 220, 230 & 240 V nominal taps, +10%-15%tol.), 50-60Hz, single phase, 3500 VA consumption at rated output. Supplied wired for 240 VAC.
• Complies with CE safety and EMC requirements, as well as FCC regulations.
• Size & Weight :
operating: WxDxH: 422x355x195 mm, 26.5 kg. (16.6x14x7.7 inches, 58.4 lbs)
shipping: WxDxH: 560x560x300 mm, 29.5 kg. (22x22x12 inches, 65 lbs)
• Operating environments:
-temperature range: 0...+50 degs.Celsius;
-humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degs.Celsius;
-height: up to 3000 m above sea level without output deterioration.
All ACOM Amplifiers come with a two (2) year factory warranty.
If your ACOM product fails within the first 120 days, ACOM will prepay shipping to their warranty service center. Shipping will also be prepaid back from the repair
center. This is an exclusive warranty for HRO customers only and is the best warranty in the industry.
After 120 days through 2 years ACOM will require payment by the customer for shipping to their repair facility. Shipping will then be prepaid by ACOM for the return
of the serviced amplifier. ACOM will repair or replace your unit at any time during the two (2) year warranty period.
Warranty Coverage for the tube or tubes in all ACOM amplifiers is one (1) year.