The All New ID-52A is a Larger Radio, with a Larger Color Display, and Louder Audio.
The ID-52A is not a replacement for the ID-51A. To the contrary, it's much more! It’s a new way of communicating!
The new Transceiver represents an industry first, a handheld with a beautiful, full color waterfall display and the ability to send photos over the D-STAR network.
- Continue to support D-STAR functions
- DR Mode for easy access to local repeaters based on the internal GPS information
- Functions in Terminal and Access Point modes
- Weighing in at a mere 10.4oz (295g)
- Has an 80% increase in overall volume to hear in loud conditions
- Output Power: 5W / 2.5W / 1.0W / 0.55W / 0.1W
- Wideband Receiver (88.0 – 174, 225 – 479*)
- VHF/UHF Airband and FM Broadcast Receiver
- * Guaranteed range: 144-148, 440-450 MHz
Waterproof Rating: IPX7
Other Exciting Features:
- Large Color Screen with Waterfall Functions
- The ID-52A houses a large 2.3" color screen with 320 x 280 pixels (1.7" for the ID-51A)
- Easily switch between black or white backgrounds
- Industry-first full-color waterfall display in a Handheld! (View the current band conditions to see if frequencies are open for use)
- Dualwatch allows for the monitoring of two frequencies or bands simultaneously. VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF and VHF/UHF monitoring are all supported along with the new ability to decode two DV signals simultaneously. Quickly call from either the main or sub bands on the fly
- Enhanced UHF capabilities allows for monitoring of Military Airbands from 225 to 374.995 MHz and the wideband receiver allows for listening to nearby broadcast FM stations
Bluetooth® Enabled Features:
- The ID-52A incorporates common Bluetooth® profiles for audio and data controls, which provide new mobility in the palm of your hand.
- Icom leads the way by pairing either Icom or third-party headsets for voice communications. Download the RS-MS1A Remote Control Software on Google Play to change operating frequencies, send texts, and more!
- The optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset with the large PTT button allows for hands-free operation. Additionally, users can program 3 buttons to improve operability and mobility.
Integrated GPS/GLONASS Receiver:
- With a GPS lock, use the D-PRS mode to send location data, as well as show received station location, distance, and direction.
- The ID-52A also displays current Grid Square information
- This GPS position data can be used for the Position Auto Reply, Near Repeater Search and GPS log functions.
Even More Features:
- microSD Card Slot
- Micro USB Connector
- Improved Heat Dissipation Efficiency
- QSO Log in CSV Data Format
- Voice Recorder Function