Over the past few weeks quite a bit of change has
occurred with the folks at Zumspot. Zumspot was comprised of two (2) talented
individuals, one designer and one manufacturing specialist. Effective
early this week the manufacturing specialist has left the organization. The
original designer of Zumspot has now taken over both design and manufacturing
Any information regarding the termination of
Zumspot’s relationship with HRO is incorrect and not factual. That information
was released by the former manufacturing specialist of Zumspot which is no
longer working for Zumspot.
Dozens of Zumspot boards and Pi Zero units have been
moved from the former manufacturing individual (in Canada) to the original
designer (in America). The designer will be feverishly getting the boards and
kits together to get them to HRO as soon as possible. We expect product by the
end of April if not sooner.
Further, the designer is working closely with a new
manufacturing facility to bring production back in line with demand. We at HRO
have been watching this change closely and have decided to place Zumspot back
online but not available for purchase until such a time as we have full
confidence that the designer can produce quantities commensurate with
HRO will not take orders for any product that we are
unsure we can provide. This step is to be certain, before we take further
orders, that new manufacturing can be done properly. As soon as we are
comfortable with this process, we will bring the Zumspot back online for sale
via our website and our stores.
Any customer that wishes to cancel their respective
back order may do so by calling your local store. We will immediately refund any
customer not willing to wait on this process to be completed.
Currently HRO is in a temporary Production Hold on
further sales of this product at this time
You may direct questions regarding this matter to
Steve Gilmore – National Sales Manager of HRO.
The ZUMspot RPi is an advanced radio module board.
Paired with a Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi Zero W (Required But Not Included)
and the MMDVM software becomes a small and efficient multi-mode digital
ZUMspot Board Features:
- High performance 32-bit ARM processor
- Fully assembled and tested
- Will require either a Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi Zero W
- Supports DMR, P-25, D-Star and System Fusion
- Onboard LEDs to show status (Tx, Rx, PTT, Mode)
- Up to 10mW RF power
- SMA antenna connector, UHF antenna included
- Mounts cleanly on all current Raspberry Pi’s including the Pi Zero
- Works on ODROID boards
- The firmware is pre-loaded and is easily upgraded via software.
- Connections for Nextion LCD display and I2C displays
- 1 Year Warranty
- Open source firmware (MMDVM) and board design
- Open source 3D printable case available
- 144 MHz, 220MHz and 900MHz versions to be released at a later date
The ZUMspot Pi Board Package Includes:
** Requires Raspberry
Pi 3 or Pi Zero W
- ZUMspot Pi UHF Board
- UHF Antenna
- Nylon Standoffs