Pre-Release Information ICOM IC-R15
The IC-R15 has NOT been formally been released by ICOM for sale in the United States. This is pre-release information only. This unit has not yet been approved by the FCC for sale in the US at this time
IC-R15 wideband receiver. Unveiled at the recent Tokyo Hamfair 2023, the IC-R15 was a surprise show for visitors, capturing their interest with its impressive design and range of features.
The new IC-R15 wideband receiver has a frequency range of 76 to 500 MHz and supports AM/FM/WFM modes. Like its predecessor, the IC-R30, the receiver has two VFOs and can simultaneously receive two signals in all frequency bands. The receiver has a large colour LCD screen and features Bluetooth connectivity, a recording function and a Micro SD card slot. In addition, it is possible to charge the IC-R15 via a USB-C connection.
As with recent Icom models, this receiver features an improved user interface, making it easier, especially for beginners who want to get straight on to listen to whatever is on the air. Experienced radio Amateurs and monitoring professionals will also find the IC-R15 an easy-to-use listening device for any purpose. The receiver can be seen as a must for those keen on listening to Airband broadcasts.
Some of the planned features include:
• Wideband receiver for 76-500MHz including FM broadcast.
• FM / AM, simultaneously receiving VHF and UHF Airbands.
• TFT colour LCD / Back-lit keys.
• Intuitive menu-driven user interface for ease of use.
• 1000 Memory channels/ 200 Auto-writing memory channels.
• Micro SD Card slot for voice recording.
• Bluetooth for audio accessory connection.
• USB Type-C charging.
• IPx7 waterproof / MIL-810-G durability.
• W:58 x H:116 x D:33.8 mm / Weight: TBA.
The IC-R30 decodes various digital protocol signals, including P25 (Phase 1), NXDN™, dPMR™, D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) and Japanese domestic DCR (Digital Convenience Radio).
0.1–3304.999 MHz Wideband Coverage
The IC-R30 covers a wide frequency range from 0.1 to 3304.999 MHz, and receives conventional analog signals such as AM, FM, WFM, USB, LSB and CW as well as digital modes*. A ferrite bar antenna for AM broadcasts is built-in, and the earphone cable can be used as an external antenna for FM broadcasts.
* SSB, CW and digital modes: 0.1 MHz–1.3 GHz. Usable frequencies and modes differ, depending on the selected A or B band. See specifications for details.
The radio can receive on different bands and different modes. For example, HF and UHF signals can be monitored simultaneously. You can scan for other active channels on the B band, while receiving the main signal on the A band.
Dual Band Recording Function
The audio of the two bands received while in the Dualwatch mode can be individually recorded onto a microSD card* in the WAV format. The recorded audio can be played back on the receiver or a PC. In addition, frequency, mode, S-meter reading, time, current position data and altitude can be saved with received audio.
* A microSD/microSDHC card is required.
Information screen of received voice
2.3’’ Large LCD and Intuitive User Interface
Menu screenA 2.3 inch large, dot-matrix display is used in the IC-R30. Screens with large amounts of information are clearly and logically arranged. The four direction keypad provides straight-forward operation of all functions.
High Speed Scan - 200 Channels/Second
The IC-R30 scans approximately 200 channels per second in the A band, and 150 channels per second in the B band. You can quickly find and lock in to a desired signal. The IC-R30 has variety of scan functions.
Near station scan
Using GPS location information and the Memory channels*, the IC-R30 can display and scan up to 50 stations within 160 km; 99.4 ml from your current location, in proximity order.
* The position data of the stations must be programmed in advance.
Auto memory write scan
Automatically stores received frequencies (up to 200 Ch) during a Programmed scan.
Checks for signals on a frequency every 5 seconds, while operating on a VFO frequency or scanning.
Detects a sub-audible tone frequency or the DTCS code in a received signal.
Program scan, Memory scan, Memory mode scan, Group scan, Group link scan and more.
Integrated GPS Receiver
GPS position screenThe integrated GPS receiver displays your current position data, course, speed and altitude on the display. GPS data can also be saved in recorded audio files. The IC-R30 can list up up to 50 stations within 160 km; 99.4 ml from your current location*.
* The position data of each station must be preprogrammed in the Memory channels.
Band Scope Function
Band scope screenThe band scope function enables you to visually search a specified frequency range around the received signal and see the relative received signal strength level. You can jump to the desired signal on the band scope to set the radio to that frequency.
The Speech function reads out the operating frequency and mode when you rotate the dial knob, or press the [SPEECH] button. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments with the Bluetooth® headset without having to look at the radio.
IP57 Rugged Construction
The IC-R30 has superior IP57 waterproof protection (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also passes MIL-STD-810-G specifications.
Up to 8.3 Hours of Long Battery Life
The supplied BP-287 Li-ion battery pack provides 8 hours and 20 minutes* of operation. The optional BP-293 battery case, with AA (LR6) alkaline cells, can be used in as a convenient backup battery.
* The Dualwatch function is ON (A band: continuously receiving, B band: standing by), the Power Save function is set to “Auto (Short),” the internal speaker’s volume is set to “20,” the GPS function is ON, and the Bluetooth function is OFF.
USB Charging and PC Connection
microUSB portThe built-in USB port has a range of convenient uses. You can charge the IC-R30 in approximately 5 hours,* carry out data transfer (including loading Memory channels) and CI-V remote control.
* Using with a 1 A USB charger. The IC-R30 is Power OFF.
microSD Card Slot for Voice and Data Storage
microSD card slotYou can use a microSD card* for data storage. Recording/playback of received audio, RX history log, radio set tings and GPS logger data can all be loaded onto the microSD card.
* A microSD/microSDHC is required (up to 32 GB).
Wireless Operation with a Bluetooth® Headset
With the optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset, you can wirelessly listen to received audio. The VS-3 has volume UP/DOWN buttons and four programmable buttons to remotely control certain functions.
- 2000 regular Memory channels (with an 8-character name)
- DTCS and CTCSS tone squelch
- VSC (Voice Squelch Control) (FM, FM-N, WFM, AM, AM-N)
- AFC (Auto Frequency Control) (FM, FM-N, WFM)
- Noise blanker (SSB, CW)
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) (AM, AM-N)
- RF gain control (10 steps)
- ATT function (3 steps)
- Key lock function
- Monitor function
- Power save function (3 steps)
- Volume or frequency setting with dial or side buttons
- Quick menu function
CS-R30 Optional Programming Software
CS-R30 (option)Using the CS-R30, you can smoothly edit the following settings
on a PC;
- Memory channels
- Auto memory write channel groups
- Program scan link name
- Radio settings and digital settings
- Scan edges
- GPS memories
OS: Microsoft® Windows®10, Windows®8.1 (* Except for Windows® RT) or ,
(May differ or not supplied according to version)
- Li-ion battery pack, BP-287
- Rapid charger, BC-223
- AC adaptor, BC-123SA/SE*
- USB cable for charging and data transfer
- Telescopic antenna
- Belt clip, MB-133
- Hand strap