A Worldview in 4K with Satellite Weather
The Geochron Digital Atlas 4K gives viewers beautiful displays of the Earth with the sunrise-sunset rendered in real-time through a small computer that plugs directly in to your TV via HDMI. The size of your display is only limited by the size of your TV, as you take in the terrestrial movement of the Earth’s orbit in sync with the Sun.
(How is this different from previous versions of Geochron Digital?)
The Geochron Digital Atlas 4K as displays a full-featured Geochron World Clock on any 4K TV, with every mapset and lighting option available in our famous mechanical clock but at a fraction of the cost. Now in the digital format, users can customize markers on the map, and receive (with internet) real time updates. The hardware is a sturdy, fanless mini computer specifically designed for commercial digital displays found in restaurants and airports.
- Global Satellite Weather overlays, including*
- Wind Speed
- Barometric Pressure
- Cloud Cover
- Greyscale options for all mapsets for better Live Layer visibility.
- Lifetime updates for five mapsets.
- Geopolitical with Human Points of Interest
- Geopolitical with Oceanic Points of Interest
- Topographical “A view from space.”
- Ham / Amateur Radio mapset
- Low Resolution (1080) Geopolitical mapset.
- Live location of the International Space Station and over 300 satellites, updated every second.*
- High Speed demonstration mode. One year in 15 seconds!
- Layer Demonstration mode. Automatically cycle through layers at selected time intervals, so your display never looks the same.
- Sixteen Locations Pins with custom text names and local time that you can place anywhere on the map.
- Static Overlays, showing:
- Digital Time Accuracy to within 500 milliseconds*, and on-the-fly time adjustments to local time zones. Simultaneous UTC with Local time readout.
- Automatic Night Dimming by your location.*
- An extensive Help menu with embedded video tutorials explaining every feature of the Geochron Digital Version 2.
* with internet connection
Although the algorithms behind the dynamic display are complex, the Geochron Atlas 4K is ready to go out of the box. It’s easy to set up and use with the provided remote control, and – with an internet connection – includes time and date configuration, firmware updates, and map updates.
- 3′ Power Supply 110-220v USA Plug, required for power. (USB power?)
- 1′ HDMI Cable, male to female, to conveniently mount behind the display. (more details)
- Remote Control and AAA batteries
- Quick Start documentation
- One Year Warranty
- New Updates as available with Internet.
- Not Included:
- One business day handling.
- USPS Priority Shipping, or UPS
- Please contact us for overseas shipping.
- Internet is necessary for real-time layers.
- 110 to 220v power.
- 4K Display screen is recommended, larger than 28 inches.
- Default USA Plug.
Not every one has $2,000 to $4,000 for the beautiful mechanical Geochrons made since 1964. Many Geochron enthusiasts have waited for years for an affordable option in the digital world, and this is it: everything the mechanical Geochron can do, plus customizable settings, multiple maps, live updates, and as big as you want.