ARRL Antenna Book (Softcover)
Showcasing 80 Years of Antenna Know-How
The ARRL Antenna Book for Radio Communications is a single resource covering antenna theory, design and construction, and practical treatments and projects. This book contains everything you need to understand how radio signals propagate, how antennas work, and how to construct your own antenna system. Use The ARRL Antenna Book to build hundreds of antenna designs: dipoles, verticals, loops, beams, and more.
Presented in this 24th edition of The Antenna Book is persistent pioneering development by radio amateurs, for radio amateurs. You’ll find new and time-tested antenna projects for radio communications across nearly any frequency, mode, and circumstance you can think of.
New & Updated Content
- New coverage of small transmitting loops
- New and expanded coverage of microwave antennas
- Many new MF, HF, and 6 meter antenna design articles
- Instructions to acquire HFTA terrain profiles online
- An overview of VHF/UHF rover antenna systems
- New chapter on VHF/UHF Antenna systems
- Rotator ratings, installation, and maintenance
- Updated transmitting choke design and selection Updated ground system analysis and detailed set of ground conductivity maps
- Updated propagation and solar activity information, and new sunspot data definitions
- New material on MF band propagation
- Log-periodic BOLPA antenna design
- Updated coverage of antenna modeling software
- K1EA transmission-line method for switching stacked antennas
- Powerboat antenna system grounding
- Updated treatment of wire antenna construction materials
- Expanded material on grounding and bonding
- Updated antenna analyzer techniques
- Antenna tuner troubleshooting
- Updated content for low-band receive antennas
Download Included: eBook and Supplemental Content
Download the fully searchable digital edition of the printed book, as well as utility programs and supplemental content including expanded technical papers, in depth construction guides, and referenced articles.
System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, or 10; Windows Vista or Windows XP, as well as Macintosh systems, using Adobe Acrobat Reader software. Acrobat Reader is a free download at www.adobe.com. PDF files are Linux readable. Other included software is Windows-compatible, only.
Softcover: 1024 pages. Four-Volume Boxed Set also available.
Publisher: The American Radio Relay League, Inc.
Copyright: Twenty-Fourth Edition/First Printing (October 2019)
Shipping Weight: 4.5 pounds