The Powerwerx DCDC-8A is an adjustable DC-to-DC charger for charging 12V LiFePO4 batteries. This DC-to-DC charger is designed to use your vehicles 12V system to charge your 12V LFP batteries on the go. With a wide input voltage range of 8-36VDC, you can also use alternative power sources. The user selectable charging amperage allows you to charge batteries as small as 3Ah, and upwards of 70Ah or larger.
2-Stage Charging Profile:
The DCDC-8A uses a 2-stage constant current (CC) constant voltage (CV) charging profile. The LED indicator will be lit in Red when the charger is in Constant Current mode and will then change to Green when the charger has switched to Constant Voltage. The Green LED indicator will remain on after the charger has fully charged your battery. Applying loads to your battery while charging or fully charged will likely cause your charger to switch back to Constant Current to provide higher amperages to power your load.
User Selectable Charging Amperage:
This unit provides a user selectable 2A, 4A, or 8A charging current, and can be selected by using the selector dial. Below you will find suggested charging amperages based off of your batteries capacity.
- 2A - For use with batteries 3Ah and larger
- 4A - For use with batteries 10Ah and larger
- 8A - For use with batteries 50Ah and larger
If charging speed is not a priority, then it is suggested to use a lower charging amperage to prolong the lifespan of your battery. This will help to slow down the natural degradation of the battery cells.
Wide Input Voltage Range:
With a wide input voltage range of 8-36VDC, this DC-to-DC charger can be powered by multiple sources. The DCDC-8A can easily be used with 12V and 24V vehicle installations for charging your 12V LFP batteries. The unit can also be powered by a desk top Power Supply such as the SS-30DV. It is not suggested that you power the charger direct from a solar panel and/or solar charge controller due to the variable power output.
The DCDC-8A uses Anderson 30A Powerpoles for quick and easy installation.
- Connect the "Input" Powerpole to your charging source. Charging sources can include your vehicles 12V or 24V charging system (Alternator), desktop power supplies, or any other DC power source that provides between 8-36VDC.
- Select the correct charging amperage (based off the battery size that you intend to charge).
- Connect the "Output" Powerpole direct to your 12V LiFePO4 battery.
- Turn on your charging source, and the DCDC-8A will automatically begin charging.
NOTE: The DCDC-8A is an air-cooled unit and can become quite hot while charging. This should be taken into consideration when choosing your designated installation area.
- Input Voltage: 8-36 VDC
- Output Voltage: 14.5 VDC
- Input Connector Type: Anderson Powerpole 30A
- Output Connector Type: Anderson Powerpole 30A
- Maximum Power: 116 Watts
- Output Current: 2A/4A/8A (user selectable)
- Battery Type: Bioenno LiFePO4 or equivalent
- System Type: 12 VDC (DC to DC converter)
- Conversion Efficiency: 95%
- IP Rating: IP68 (Waterproof sealed)
- Overcurrent Protection: Yes
- Over voltage protection: Yes
- Output Short Circuit Protection: Yes
- Over Temperature Protection: Yes
- Dimensions: 5.4" x 3.0" x 1.2"
- Weight: 1.15 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year
NOTE: This DC-to-DC charger is intended for use with Bioenno LiFePO4 or equivalent batteries. This charger should not be used with Flooded, AGM or GEL type batteries as it will overcharge them.