Optimized Compact High Performance HAM Radio Antenna for 2 Meter + 440 Bands
The 2M/440+ : All the high performance of the 7.5” model 2M/440, PLUS an additional ~1.5dB of gain, and greater power handling capacity. It is for those where 9" is allowable/desirable and the operator wants that extra 'edge'.
Reliable leaf spring style NMO connector on antenna for standard center-stud style NMO mounts
Antenna Type: Unique Electric/Magnetic Field Diversity Science & Technology Patented Design Patent No. US 9,407,001
Special design construct of spiraled and cylindrical metal sheeting including ‘extended flat monofilar spiral Tesla-like coils’, all resistance, inductance and capacitance (matching) is efficiently done by the physical metallic geometric form of the antenna itself, as opposed to internal or external (lossy) components of other designs.
“Magnetic Field Resonator”: This built-in resonating matching system is an effectual component of the electromagnetic E & H fields production, resulting in better performance than expected for such a small antenna.
- With a particularly strong magnetic near field, proximity noise is reduced.
- And resulting diverse effective electromagnetic fields further enhance performance in our world of (dynamic) obstructions, mitigating signal drops, reducing flutter, and increasing reliable range.
Product Narrative: Small Rugged Antenna with High Performance
- Superior Science Performance with Vehicle Location Changes and Movement
- Superior Science Performance in NLOS (Non-Line-Of-Sight) Obstructed Environments such as behind buildings, in garages, behind other vehicles, and in valleys
- Digital & Analog VHF/UHF Amateur (HAM) Radio
Broad elevation coordinate signal pattern and elliptical polarization of COMPACtenna provides stabilized signals in our common Non Line of Sight environments, with temperature and humidity inversion pathways as well as tropospheric propagation, and SATELLITE communications.
Maximum Power Rating: 100 Watts 2 Meter Band; 75 Watts 440 Band
Gain: Nominal 5(+) dB-MEG
Due to diverse EM Fields of the Magnetic Field Resonator, performance is greater than predicted based on (singular polarization/peak gain) field-range/anechoic chamber gain studies alone, in NLOS (Non-Line-Of-Sight) environments which is the world we live in.
(V)SWR: Nominal < 2:1 144-148 MHz; 430-450 MHz
- Best (V)SWR’s especially on VHF frequencies are generally seen when mounting at upper corners of a vehicle.
- Signal pattern is substantially omnidirectional at corner locations.
- If a magnet mount is used, the ‘Flat’ style often provides best SWR’s; L-bracket types with screws & thru-hole mounts also work well
- (V)SWR’s can vary with size and shape of vehicle and accessories.
- (V)SWR’s seen by the radio are often lower due to coaxial/feed-line attenuation.
- Always check SWR; operate only per transmitter/amplifier specifications.
Base Station Antenna
This revolutionary antenna may also be used as a high performance compact base station antenna by utilizing the COMPACtenna CompacCounterpoise, a heavy duty ground plane counterpoise radial kit optimized for gain, pattern and SWR on VHF and UHF frequencies.
Each Antenna is quality checked and tuned. Keep antenna and mount contacts clean. Fine grit emery cloth, for example, may remove oxidation. Thread lengths and center contact heights of different NMO mounts vary; make certain of good contact by antenna leaf spring - at times pulling the antenna leaf spring downward slightly is helpful before screwing antenna onto mount, especially if changing to another mount. Removing, re-attaching antenna repeatedly is not recommended; dedicated vehicle & base station systems are best. Use lube provided for NMO threads, center contacts and gasket, hand tighten securely. Brushless car washes, hand washing reduce risk of antenna/mounting damage. The antenna side screw is an added measure for secure physical integrity; it is to be left alone. See www.COMPACtenna.com for further information. [Design and specifications subject to change without notice.]