50:450 ohm (9:1) Balun or Unun Core Kit, .5-32 MHz, 1000 watts PEP, end fed/Ladder Line, T2FD antenna
- Type: Balun or Unun
- Input Ohms/Output Ohms: 50 in, 450 out
- Frequency Range < 2:1 SWR (MHz): .5-32
- PEP Power Rating (Watts): 1000 Watts PEP
- Antenna Compatability: Unun: End fed, Balun: Ladder line
- Model BA-9-1000 is a 9:1 balun/unun kit (assembly required from parts supplied) used to translate a 50 ohm input up to 450 ohms at RF power levels up to 1000 watts when used with a matched load.
- It provides conversion from unbalanced coax to balanced ladder line/antenna feed point and gives a 9:1 impedance step-up to reduce SWR on the coax.
- Place at the junction of the balanced line and the coax to convert from balanced line to unbalanced coax.
- It can also be wired as an UNUN with unbalanced coax input to unbalanced output such as an end fed antenna
- The kit consists of a ferrite toroidal core
- Three colors of insulated wire
- A SO-239 UHF connector with stainless steel hardware
- Instruction manual
Radio Club Idea:
- Buy 10 for a club do it yourself construction project - you can learn something and also build an end fed antenna (just add wire).