The XT-4 MK2 is a battery powered CW memory keyer. The small size and weight make it perfect for Field Day, POTA, SOTA, DXpeditions, County Hunting mobile operations, VHF rover and portable or vacation operations. Its clean design will also look great in your shack.
The XT-4 MK2 is fully iambic with self-completing characters. The CW speed range is 8-45 WPM.
Each of the 4 memories can hold approximately 240 Morse characters. The memory locations are non-volatile, saving your programmed information even when the power is removed. Program them with your CQ, call sign, and contest exchanges. Between contests program in QSO information like your name, QTH, and rig information. Programming is simple! Just press the record and message buttons and start sending!
The XT-4 MK2 is designed for long battery life. A 9V alkaline battery will give several hundred hours of heavy use. The power save function automatically puts the XT-4 into an even more power stingy mode after 15 minutes of inactivity in case you forget to turn it off. Pressing the paddle instantly brings it back to normal operation.
The paddle reverse function lets you reverse the dit and dah keys without re-wiring the cable. Great for Field Day and other multi-operator activities!
The XT-4 MK2 is designed to work with modern solid state rigs with positive keying. Pre-assembled cables available --
XT-4 MK2 Specifications:
- Speed: 8-45 WPM
- Keying style: Iambic with self completing characters
- Memories: 4, approximately 240 Morse characters each, non-volatile
- Size: 2.5" X 1.1" X 4.5"
- Power: 9V battery
- Output keying: Solid state, for positive keyed rigs only
- Output connector: RCA phono type
- Paddle connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo plug
- Other features: Auto power save mode, paddle reverse
- - User's Manual
(Optional) XT-4 Cable Set:
- Includes cables to the paddle and transmitter. Paddle cable has connector to the XT-4 on one end and stripped and tinned wires on the other. The KC-4 Cable Set has the transmitter cable terminated with a 1/4" mono phone plug.
(Optional) KC-8 Cable Set:
- Includes the transmitter cable terminated with a 1/8" plug. Contact Unified Microsystems for other connector types.
The KC-4 and KC-8 Cable Sets are optional and available for $14.95 each. See accessories below