The LDG TW-1 provides an aural spoken indication of power and SWR using a digitally recorded voice. It is ideal for the vision-impaired, for those of us in the “bi-focal set”, or just for those times when you need to be looking somewhere else. At the press of a button, the TW-1 speaks the Forward Power, Reverse Power or SWR.
Three languages are available: English, Spanish and German.
The TW-1 includes its own internal top firing speaker; no external audio hookups are needed.
The TW-1 also offers a continuous tone mode for tuning. Simply press and hold the Forward button, and a tone indicates power. As you adjust your amplifier or antenna tuner, a higher tone indicates higher power. This is just the thing for peaking your amplifier while keeping a close watch on the grid current.
You can select either long or short voice reports (verbose or terse modes). Long reports include descriptors like “thousand” or “hundred” and end with “forward watts” or “reverse watts”. Short reports speak only the numerical value of the measurement you’ve selected for a quick reading.
The TW-1 needs just 1 watts to operate, but will handle up to 2000 Watts PEP, making it suitable for everything from QRP to the largest amplifiers in amateur service. The TW-1 is accurate to ± 5% of reading across the entire power range; this may very well be the most accurate wattmeter you own. Resolution is 1 watt or 1% of reading (whichever is higher).
The TW-1 is microprocessor controlled, and can easily be upgrade in the field with a simple chip exchange. It requires 11 – 15 volts DC at 200 mA maximum, but consumes almost no current when not speaking.
On Front Panel:
- Volume: adjusts the volume of the synthesized voice.
- Forward: measures forward power in watts (FWD Button)
- Reverse: measures reverse power in watts (REV Button)
- SWR: measures the standing wave ratio (SWR Button)
- Continuous Coverage: 1.8 to 54 MHz
- Power Rating: 0 to 2000 Watts, auto-ranging
- Resolution: 1 Watt or 1% of power
- Speech: Speaks Forward and Reverse Power in Watts, as well as SWR
- Adjustable Volume
- Languages: English, Spanish, German
- Continuous Tone for making Amplifier or Tuner Adjustments
- Accuracy: ± 5% of reading across entire HF range (± 10% on 6M)
- Power Requirements: 11 to 15 volts DC at 200 mA Max (user supplies power source)
- 2.5 x 5.5 jack, center positive
- Enclosure Dimensions: 5 in. X 4.5 in. X 3 in.
- Weight: 2 pounds.