The PAL-OCF4010 covers 40-30-20-17-15-12-10 and 6 meters in a length of 66 feet. 500 Watts PEP Power Hadling Capability.
In most cases, no antenna tuner is needed and switching bands is as easy as changing the band on the radio. Super convenient and quick – great for contest operation!
Uses a hybrid balun containing wide band 4:1 transformer + 1:1 common mode feed line choke to keep all your power on the antenna and off the feed line coax outer conductor!
Unlike other models at twices the price, you can transmit and receive on 6, 12, 15 and 17 meters with this Off Center Fed Dipole - Better Engineering and lower price - only from Palomar Engineers!
Also much quieter than End Fed Antennas!
- For best results, support balun at 30+ feet and ends over 15 feet
- Angle of feed each side must be great than 45 degrees or 120 – 180 degrees total between each side preferred
- Any length of 50 ohm feed line ok but longer feed lines over 50 feet may show reduced SWR on some bands due to losses in feed line and soil conductivity, nearby objects, etc.
- Due to local ground conditions, antenna height and feed line length, SWR may vary from samples shown and an internal or external antenna tuner may be required or some bands to bring SWR at end of feed line to acceptable levels
- Overall length is 66 feet (11 feet and 55 feet sides)