ACOM A600S HF and 6 Meter Continious Carrier with Mode Limitation Linear Amplifier
• 5" (108x65mm) high resolution color display, 800x480
pixels and 24-bits colors.
• The final stage uses field effect (MOSFET) transistors type
MRFE6VP6300H, which, according to their manufacturer
Freescale Semiconductor - are designed to withstand
high mismatch (SWR) at the output and are intended
for operation in aerospace, industrial, mobile, and radio
• Compatible with all transceiver models available on the
market - does not need any special signals: "ground on
transmit" (PTT) and 30 W of RF drive power is sufficient.
• Broadband input circuit providing a perfect transceiver
load with SWR below 1.2:1 (typically 1.1:1), without retuning
throughout the whole frequency range from 1.8 to 54MHz
• The overall operation of ACOM 600S is extremely
simplified: the screen menus are intuitive and easy to
follow and no special skill is required from the operator
when changing frequency bands
• Possibility of automatic control - when connected to a
transceiver with a CAT interface, the amplifier monitors
constantly, duly follows the operating frequency, and
changes the bands accordingly.
• Even if not connected with CAT interface, the amplifier
monitors the frequency of the input signal through the builtin
frequency counter and automatically switches over the
• Remotely controlled by RS232 interface.
• Takes care of itself during operation due to the continuously
working protection circuits in all modes.
• The operator can monitor digitally more than 10
parameters concerning the working regime of the amplifier.
• Easy maintenance - detailed data (55 parameters) about
each of the last 28 hard-fault protection trips is stored in the
amplifier's nonvolatile memory.
• Convenient for expeditions and field operation: extremely
compact and light construction, extended mains voltage
range (85-132 VAC and 170-265 VAC through changing
only the main fuses - no internal switching), limited inrush
current and purely sinusoidal consumed mains current,
automatic Power Factor Correction (PFC) - all significant
parameters in operation from unstable mains, generators
etc. features achieved thanks to the built-in switchingmode
power supply (SMPS).
• Perfect electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) both with the
highly sensitive as well as with the powerful appliances in
the radio station (receivers, computers, more amplifiers)
exceeding the standard EMC requirements due to the use
a) Rated output power: 600 W +/-0.5 dB, PEP or
continuous carrier, without mode limitation.
b) Intermodulation distortions (IMD3): better than 28 dB
(30 dB typically) below the rated PEP output.
c) Harmonic and parasitic emissions output suppression:
better than 60 dB (65 dB typically).
d) Input and output impedances: nominal value: 50 Ohm
unbalanced, UHF (S0239) type connectors;
• input circuit: broadband, SWR below 1.2:1 (1.1:1
typically); 1.8 - 54 MHz continuous range without retuning
• RF by-pass path SWR - below 1.1:1,1.8-54 MHz;
• admissible SWR at the output load (the antenna): up to
3:1 with proportional power reduction and up to 1.5:1 for
full output power;
e) RF power gain: 14dB +/-1dB (typically 25 W for 600 W
f) Mains power supply voltage: 85-132 V with 10 A main
fuses and 170-265 V with 6.3 A main fuses, 45-66 Hz,
g) Mains power consumption at full output power: 1500VA
or less with a power factor of 0.95 or higher;
h) Mains power consumption in Low Energy (waiting)
mode: less than 1VA;
i) Complies with EU safety regulations and
electromagnetic compatibility standards, as well as with
the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
j) Environment working conditions:
• temperature range: -10°C to +40°C (14°F to 104°F);
• relative air humidity: up to 95% @ 35° C (95° F);
k) Dimensions (projections not included) and weight,
operating: (W x H x D) 330 x 165 x 380 mm (13 x 6.5 x 15
In); 12 kg (26.5 Lbs).
p>ACOM Service Center - AVSL
829 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-7224