The plate-load True Resistance Indicator (TRI) is an ACOM innovation that provides quick and precise tuning, typically in less
than 10 seconds. The auto-operate function will return the amplifier to the OPERATE mode automatically after each protection trip, saving time and avoiding manual switching.
No tuner needed.
No external antenna tuner is required as long as the antenna VSWR is 3:1 or lower. The amplifier will perform the functions of
an antenna tuner, enabling you to change antennas faster and use them over wide frequency ranges.
A durable amplifier.
This amplifier is both user-friendly and self-monitoring. It is designed to safely withstand up to 240 W of reflected
power, up to 100 milliseconds of drive spikes (RF “tails” after a PTT or KEY release), and even operator tuning errors. It is also capable of operating at more than half its designed
output power at only 75% of nominal line (mains) voltage. Because it can tolerate deep voltage drops (down to zero for 10 milliseconds) and 15% line voltage spikes, it is particularly suited for
use in portable environments, such as field days and DXpeditions.
LED bar-graph display.
The upper LED bar-graph always reads peak forward power while the lower LED bar-graph is for the reflected power. LED
warning indicators are provided for abnormal conditions of grid 1, grid 2, and plate parameters.
Two antenna outputs are selectable on the front panel of the amplifier.
Antenna matching can be achieved in less than 10 seconds and at a quarter of nominal output power, which produces lower risk
of interference to other stations and greater safety to the amplifier components.
The amplifier operates without special signaling from the transceiver; it needs only ground on TX” and 60 W
RF drive power to operate at full output power.
Broadband input matching circuitry offers excellent loading characteristics for the driving transceiver, from 1.8 MHz to
Single tube operation.
A single Svetlana 4CX800A (GU74B) high-performance ceramic-metal tetrode with plate dissipation of 800 W (forced air
cooling, grid-driven) is used for maximum efficiency.
Permanent monitoring and protection
of the plate and grids currents.
The Bias Optimizer minimizes heat dissipated by the tube, assuring tube longevity.
High voltage protection.
Design of the high-voltage power supply eliminates the danger of turn-on transients affecting sensitive devices
connected to the same line (mains) circuit. Moreover, the amplifier can be configured to accommodate any of 8 nominal line voltages between 100 and 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz.
The amplifier can be shipped with 10 and 12-meter capability disabled as required by the Federal Communications Commission
(FCC), for United States users. Contact your dealer about enabling those bands.
ACOM 1010 specifications
• Frequency Coverage: All amateur bands in the 1.8-29.7 MHz frequency range; extensions and/or changes on request.
•Power Output: 700 W PEP or 500 W continuous carrier.
•Intermodulation Distortion: Better than 35 dB below rated output.
• Hum and noise: Better than 40 dB below rated output.
• Harmonic Output Suppression: Better than 50 dB below rated output.
• Input and Output Impedances:
- nominal value: 50 Ohm unbalanced, UHF (SO239) type connectors;
- input circuit: broadband, VSWR less than 1.3:1, 1.8-30 MHz continuously (no tunings, no switching);
- Bypass path VSWR less than 1.1:1, 1.8-30 MHz continuously, 200 W maximum;
- Output (antenna) impedance matching capability: VSWR up to 3:1 or higher.
• RF Gain: 11dB typically, frequency response less than 1dB (50 to 70 W drive power for rated output).• Primary Power: 85-132 V/170-264 VAC (100, 110,
120, 200, 210, 220, 230 & 240 V nominal taps), +10% -15% tol.), 50-60 Hz, single phase, 1200 VA. Is supplied wired for 240 VAC.
• Complies with CE safety and electromagnetic compatibility requirements as well as FCC-regulations (10 & 12 m band locks provided).
• Size & Weight (operating): WxDxH: 406x315x150 mm, 18 kg (16x12.4x5.9 inches, 39.7 lbs).
• Operating environments:
- temperature range: 0...+50 degs. Celsius;
- humidity: up to 95% @ +35 degs. Celsius.
- height: up to 3000 m above sea level without output deterioration.
Antenna matching can be achieved in less than 10 seconds and at a quarter of nominal output power, which produces lower risk of interference to other stations and
greater safety to the amplifier components.
All ACOM Amplifiers come with a two (2) year factory warranty.
If your ACOM product fails within the first 120 days, ACOM will prepay shipping to their warranty service center. Shipping will also be prepaid back from the repair
center. This is an exclusive warranty for HRO customers only and is the best warranty in the industry.
After 120 days through 2 years ACOM will require payment by the customer for shipping to their repair facility. Shipping will then be prepaid by ACOM for the return
of the serviced amplifier. ACOM will repair or replace your unit at any time during the two (2) year warranty period.
Warranty Coverage for the tube or tubes in all ACOM amplifiers is one (1) year.
p>ACOM Service Center - AVSL
829 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-7224