Coax Noise Filter
Filter Power Rating (PEP Watts): 500
Choking Impedance (Ohms): 1000-6500
Common Mode Attenuation (dB.): 21-36 dB.
RFI Suppression Range (MHz): 100 kHz-150 MHz
Insertion Loss (dB.): .05
Enclosure Size (inches): 3" x 2 x 1"
Typical Use: Noise filter at radio end of coax
Coax common mode noise filter for receiver noise floor reduction. Effective over 100 kHz to 150 MHz – Quick installation with short jumper to radio yields immediate RFI/common mode noise reduction.
For coax feed lines with receive and transmit signals, you will love the small size, wide frequency range and excellent attenuation of common mode noise interference
* Not effective for noise from AC power lines or noise received directly by antenna
- Reduces broadband common mode receiver noise* picked up on the outside of the antenna coax feed line.
- Wide frequency range works on all brands of radios and coax fed antennas from 100 kHz to150 MHz
- Common mode noise rejection up to 21-36 dB (3-6 "S" units) depending on frequency
- Simple plug & play installation: plug a short jumper from the CMNF-500HF to your radio and plug the feed line into the other SO-239 CMNF-500HF input. Either connector can be input or output. Rated at 500 Watts PEP.
- Will work with Bias-T antenna switches and will pass DC voltage from input to output with no attenuation
For best results, and to reduce co-interference between choked and un-choked coax feed lines with multiple antennas, ALL antenna feed lines entering the radio room need to have a separate feed line choke particularly if they are at a different frequency then HF, like VHF or UHF.
If you use an antenna switch for multiple antennas in the 1-61 MHz range, place the CMNF-500HF in the "common" line of the antenna coax switch and the receiver.