3M™ Cold Shrink Sealing Kit CXS Series
EPDM Rubber Splices for Coaxial Cable Connections
3M™ Cold Shrink Sealing Kits CXS Series offer a safe, easy way to reliably seal connections on coaxial cables. 3M™ Cold Shrink is ideal for wireless communications towers and other exposed coaxial interfaces.
Each 3M kit includes a cold shrink EPDM rubber sleeve which is factory-expanded and placed on a removable plastic core. Simply prepare the connection, position the tube and unwind the pre-scored core. The natural tendency of the rubber sleeve to return to its original diameter provides constant radial pressure, forming a reliable, waterresistant seal. All without heat, special tools or a timeconsuming installation procedure. And, it’s easily removed when system maintenance is required.
3M™ Cold Shrink Sealing Kits CXS Series offer real advantages over other cable sealing methods:
- Reliable seal against water
- Tough, resilient rubber holds pressure seal, even after exposure
- Broad application range; can lower inventory costs
- Eliminates need for heat source or special tools
- Reduces installation time for sealing jobs
- Easily removed for inspections or disconnects
- Resistant to fungus, ozone, alkalies and acids
- Constant radial pressure helps connectors stay together in wind and vibration
3M™ Cold Shrink Sealing Kits CXS Series can be used for sealing of coax cables with Type N or 7/16 DIN connectors.
- Installation features make it the preferred coax connection seal
- Simple installation requires only installer’s hands
- Good thermal stability
- Excellent weathering properties
- Excellent abrasion resistance
Since it was first developed by 3M over 30 years ago, 3M Cold Shrink technology has proven reliable in extreme conditions. 3M Cold Shrink has been successfully tested to the water seal requirements of ANSI Standard C119.1 and NEMA Publication No. CC-P1 (12.0” and 36.0” water depths). The 3M Cold Shrink Sealing Kit is RoHS compliant.*