The DR-7800 P4Dragon is optimized to use the data transmission mode PACTOR 4.
The DR-7800 and PACTOR 4 enable unexcelled data links via shortwave from any point on earth.
P4Dragon modems are software compatible with previous PTC-II series modems, so existing PACTOR software (AirMail, RMS Express, Alpha etc) can continue to be used.
The elegant design, bright and informative OLED display, and the easy upgrade possibilities (always free updates!) round up the concept of the most modern shortwave modem on the planet, From SCS - the creators of PACTOR.
- Data throughput: Maximum 5512 bps without compression. Approx 10500 bps with PMC using text. This is reached with approx +16 dB @ 4 khz in an AWGN channel. Under the usual channel conditions 1.5 – 3 times faster than PACTOR-3
- Compatibility: Strictly backward compatible to PACTOR-1/-2/-3. Automatic negotiation during link setup. Noticeably improved reception with PACTOR-2 and PACTOR-3
- ARQ protocol: Synchronized, similar to PACTOR-3, except 10 instead of 6 speed levels (“Waveforms”) and faster switching. Bandwidth always smaller than 2400 Hz.
- Channel equalization: Iterative adaptive equalizer for the coherent speed levels (5 – 10), RAKE receiver with maximum ratio combination for the splayed speed levels (2-4). Real-time multitasking operating system.
- Operating modes: PACTOR-4, PACTOR-3, PACTOR-2, PACTOR-1, weather-FAX (Receive), GPS decoder.
- Processor: Freescale Quad core DSP, 6400 MIPS, 64 Bit Connections: USB, (Opt.: Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB-master), GPS (RS232 and TTL), 2 x radio AF / PTT (Main, Aux, confi gurable - PTC-II compatible or symmetrical, opt. dual-port operation), 1 x radio-remote control (all usual transceiver types), microphone input, loudspeakeroutput (2W)
- Audio level / imp.: Input: max 5.5 V p-p, 15 kO, output: max. 9 V p-p, 300 O
- Display: 256 x 64 pixel OLED, blue, high contrast, excellent readability, no viewing angle problems, display of spectrum and much more.
- Power supply: 10 – 30 V 400 mA (max at 10 V input)
- Weight / size: 770 g, 172 x 43 x 205 mm (width, height and depth)