HRO is pleased to announce the introduction of Yaesu's C4FM/FM V/UHF Dual Band 5 Watt Handheld Transceiver - FT-70DR
. The FT-70DR
is the compact and very attractively priced YAESU System Fusion transceiver; both the conventional FM operation and the advanced C4FM Digital mode are available.
provides up to 5 Watts of reliable RF power, and its large Front Speaker delivers 700 mW Loud Audio Output. C4FM has better BER (Bit Error Rate) characteristics than other digital modulations, and thanks to it, the audio quality is exceptional.
The new digital FT-70DR
naturally utilizes the Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function. AMS detects the operating mode of the received signal as C4FM digital or FM analog, and automatically and instantly switches the receiver to the appropriate mode. Users do not need to manually change between modes.
Multi-Colored LED Mode-Indicator equipped on its front case also assists an operator to enables hassle-free operation with AMS. This indicator clearly and visibly shows the transmit/ receive mode by changing its color, and the operating mode of the transceiver is easily recognized at a glance.
One of other distinguishing features of the FT-70DR
is Digital Group Monitor (GM) with DG-ID and DP-ID. DG-ID (Digital Group Identification) and DP-ID (Digital Personal Identification) are the useful features newly included in the FT-70DR, to simplify the GM operation. Very simply, the transceivers selecting the same DG-ID or DP-ID can communicate but not others. Between 00 and 99 DG-ID and DP-ID are selectable, and users can enjoy group communication with friends in GM mode according to their operation needs.
Other included standard features and functions are; IP54 Rating (Dust/ Water Protection) construction, wide band receive coverage of 108 - 579.995 MHz, Versatile Scanning Capabilities such as Programmable VFO Scan, Memory Scan, and Priority Channel Scan, External DC Jack for DC Supply Operation and Battery Charge, Mini USB port for convenient memory management and software updates, CTCSS/ DCS Operation, Automatic Power Off (AFO) feature, RF Squelch, Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT) and Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO).
- System Fusion Compatible
- FM Friendly Digital Operation
with AMS (Automatic Mode Select)"
- Sophisticated C4FM Digital Functions :
Digital Group Monitor (GM) / DG-ID, DP-ID Operation*1
- *1 DG-ID: Digital Group Identification, DP-ID: Digital Personal Identification
- 5 Watts of Reliable RF Power
inside a Compact body"
- 700 mW Loud Audio Output
and Clear Voice"
- Large Multi-Color Mode Indicator
- Rugged Construction
Meets IP54 (Dust / Water protection)
- Huge 1,105 Channel Memory
- Wide Band Receive Coverage 108 - 579.995 MHz
- Versatile Scanning Capabilities: Programmed VFO Scan, Memory Scan, Priority Channel Scan
- WX Channels with "Severe Weather" Alert (US version)
- 7.4 V 1,800 mAh Lithium Ion Battery pack (SBR-24LI) Included
- Equipped with External DC Jack for DC Supply and Battery Charge
- Equipped with Mini USB port for Convenient Memory Management and Software updates
- Transceiver-to-Transceiver Cloning with Optional Cloning Cable (CT-27)
- CTCSS/DCS Operation
- RF Squelch
- Automatic Power-Off (APO) Feature
- Transmitter Time-Out-Timer (TOT)
- Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO)
- 7.4 V 1,800 mAh Lithium Ion Battery Pack (SBR-24LI)
- Battery Charger
- Belt Clip
- USB Cable
- Warranty Card
- Operating Manual
- RX 108 - 137 MHz (Air Band)
- RX 137 - 174 MHz (144 MHz HAM)
- RX 174 - 222 MHz (VHF1)
- RX 222 - 420 MHz (VHF2)
- RX 420 - 470 MHz (430 MHz HAM)
- RX 470 - 579.995 MHz (UHF band)
- TX 144 - 148 MHz
- TX 430 - 450 MHz
F2D, F3E, F7W
RF Power Output:
5 W/2 W/0.5 W (@7.4 V or EXT DC)
AF Audio Output:
700 mW (@16 ohms 10 % THD: Internal speaker)
Case Size (W x H x D):
2.36” x 3.86” x 1.3” (60 x 98 x 33 mm) w/o Knob and Antenna
8.99 oz (255 g) with SBR-24LI and Antenna