We are pleased to announce Yaesu's new VHF Mono Band FM Analog Mobile Transceiver - The FT-2980R.
As its model name suggests, the new FT-2980R arrives with the solid feature configuration and mechanical toughness of the ever popular FT-2900R - with a superior output power that is upgraded to 80 Watts !!
With the new FT-2980R, four output power settings - 80W, 30W, 10W and 5W – are selectable, allowing each user to choose the power they want for their operating style and situations. A Massive Heatsink guarantees a solid 80 Watts of RF Power with no cooling fan needed. Thanks to a loud 3 Watts of audio output, the operator can enjoy reception - even in noisy environments.
Other useful functions included are; Alphanumeric Channel Display; 200 Memory Channels; CTCSS and DCS
Encode/Decode Built-in; Versatile Scanning Capability; Wide/Narrow Deviation Selection, Interactive
Programming Menu, and so on.
- Massive Heatsink guarantees 80 Watts of RF Power with No Cooling Fan Needed
(Four selectable power output levels are provided: 80/30/10/5 Watts)
- Loud 3 Watts of Audio Output for noisy environments
- Large 6 Digit Backlit LCD ensure excellent visibility
- Excellent Receiver Performance
- Alpha-Numeric Channel Display
- 200 Memory Channels for serious users
- CTCSS and DCS Encode/Decode Built in
- Versatile Scanning Capability
- WX Channels with "Severe Weather" Alert
- Smart Search Operation
- DTMF Direct Access Microphone Included
- Wide/Narrow Deviation Selection
- Interactive Programming Menu
- Supply Voltage Display
- 4-level Display Dimmer
- RX 136 - 174 MHz
- TX 144 - 148 MHz
Case Size(W x H x D):
6.3" x 2.0" x 7.3" (w/o Knobs)
Includes DTMF hand mic, power cable and MMB-83 mobile bracket.