The CHA RXL is a new design high performance Low Frequency (LF), Medium Frequency (MF), and High Frequency (HF) receive-only loop antenna that can be permanently mounted outside on a mast or used on a camera tripod next to an RV or on an apartment balcony. It's broadband design is ideal for Software Defined Radios (SDRs), panadapters, hams wanting a small low-noise receive-only antenna, shortwave listeners (SWLs), AM broadcast band listeners, and anybody needing a small receive antenna.
Some of the key features of the CHA RXL are:
- Wideband Design – LF / MF / HF
- Highly Directional
- Balanced Input Preamplifier to Eliminate Environmental Noise and Ground Loops
- Receives on new 2200m and 630m Ham Bands
- Flexible Mounting and Power Options
- Stealthy – Navy Gray Loop Fades Into the Background Sky.
Receive loops are very quiet and highly directional. With the built-in preamplifier, the CHA RXL will enable clearer reception than many large horizontal wire or vertical antennas. The CHA RXL covers all frequencies between 137.5 KHz and 30.0 MHz. Become a WSPR Reporting Station on the new 2200 and 630 meter bands and join the fun!
Loop Amplifier Specifications:
- Frequency: 135.7 KHz – 30.0 MHz continuous
- Power: 12V DC (120V AC wall adapter included USA ONLY)
- Size: 36 in. Loop
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Mount: Mast or Camera Tripod
- Operating Voltage: 12-14 VDC – Polarity Protected, Over-Voltage protection 15.5V – 20V (sustained voltage above 18V may damage the preamp)
- Gain: 25 dB @ 2.5 MHz, 12.5 dB @ 30 MHz (see graph)
- Noise Figure: < 5 dB
- P1dB: >0 dBm relative to the output
- OIP3: > +20 dBm
- Input (no damage): +20 dBm
- RF Power Applied to the Output: 0.25W maximum (do not transmit into the pre-amp)
- Operating Voltage: 12-14 VDC – Polarity Protected, Over voltage protection 15.5V – 20V (sustained operation above 18V may trip the resettable fuse)
- Maximum Current: 300 mA max.
- Insertion Loss: < 0.25 dB @ 30 MHz
- VSWR: < 1.3:1 @ 30 MHz
The Antenna System Consists Of:
- 1 X 36" Loop
- 1 X Tuning Box
- 1 X 12V Power Supply (USA ONLY)
- 1 X T-BIAS
- 1 X Coax Cable
- 1 X "L" Bracket & Hardware
- 1 X Table Top Rubber Feet